Swiss stocks - Factors to watch on Feb 17
ZURICH, Feb 17 (Reuters) - Swiss shares are set to open lower on Tuesday, tracking losses in Asia as concerns about the global economy weigh.
The Swiss blue-chip index SMI.SSMI was indicated to open 29 points lower at 5,048 points, according to data provided by bank Clariden Leu.CLPRE
The following are some of the main factors expected to affect Swiss stocks:
Full-year net profit at Swiss flavours and fragrances maker Givaudan AG rose 19 percent to 111 million Swiss francs ($95.7 million), underpinned by sales in both its divisions.
For related news, click on [GIVN.VX]
L'Oreal (OREP.PA), in which Nestle holds a near 30 percent stake, posted full-year sales growth below its twice-revised target on Monday and steered clear of giving guidance for 2009.
For related news, click on [NESN.VX]
Swiss specialty chemicals company Clariant AG (CLN.VX) made a wider fourth-quarter net loss of 207 million Swiss francs ($178.4 million), hurt by falling demand from customers in autos and construction, missing forecasts.
For related news, click on [CLN.VX]
Swiss lift and escalator maker Schindler posted a forecast-beating 11 percent rise in full-year net profit on Tuesday and said it expects to maintain net profit in 2009 at the current level.
For related news, click on [SCHP.S]
Swiss auto parts and textile company Rieter said it reached an agreement on mid- and long-term financing with banks.
For related news, click on [RIEN.S]
* Switzerland may face a deeper recession than the Swiss National Bank has forecast in December, SNB board member Thomas Jordan said in a television interview on Monday.
* Swiss retail sales for December are due at 0815 GMT. Economists expect a 2 percent year-on-year increase in real terms.ECONCH
COMPANY STATEMENTS [CNR-CH]
* Phoenix Mecano (PM.S) says gross sales, operating profit (EBIT), margin, cash flow and dividend up in 2008 [PM.S]
* COMET(COTN.S) says reinforces cost-cutting measures in Vacuum Capacitors [COTN.S]
EQUITY RESEARCH [CH-RCH]
* Morgan Stanley raises Credit Suisse Group (CSGN.VX) to overweight from equal weight; price target to 37 francs from 33 francs [CSGN.VX]
FOR COMPANIES TRADING EX-DIVIDEND, PLEASE CLICK ON:
.EX.S for all Swiss stocks
.EXSMI.S for blue chips
.EXNSMI.S for other stocks